Risks & side effects.
|Drug||Examples of Brand Names|
|carbamazepine||Carbatrol®, Epitol®, Equetro®, Tegretol®, Tegretol®-XR|
|oxcarbazepine||Oxtellar XR®, Trileptal®|
|phenytoin||Dilantin®, Dilantin-125®, Phenytek®|
|rifampin||Rifater®, Rifamate®, Rimactane®, Rifadin®|
|Proton pump inhibitor (PPI) medicines for certain stomach or intestinal problems|
|rabeprazole||AcipHex®, AcipHex® Sprinkle™|
|St. John’s wort
|More than 1 dose of the steroid medicine dexamethasone or dexamethasone sodium phosphate|
What are the possible side effects of JULUCA?
JULUCA can cause serious side effects, including:
Severe skin rash and allergic reactions. Call your healthcare provider right away if you develop a rash with JULUCA. Stop taking JULUCA and get medical help right away if you develop a rash with any of the following signs or symptoms:
- Generally ill feeling
- Muscle or joint aches
- Blisters or sores in mouth
- Blisters or peeling of the skin
- Redness or swelling of the eyes
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue
- Problems breathing
- Your skin or the white part of your eyes turns yellow (jaundice)
- Dark or “tea-colored” urine
- Light-colored stools (bowel movements)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Pain, aching, or tenderness on the right side of your stomach area
Depression or mood changes. Tell your healthcare provider right away or get medical help if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling sad or hopeless
- Feeling anxious or restless
- Have thoughts of hurting yourself (suicide) or have tried to hurt yourself
The most common side effects of JULUCA include:
These are not all the possible side effects of JULUCA. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
You should always talk to your doctor about any side effect.
What should I tell my doctor before taking JULUCA?
Before you take JULUCA, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- have ever had a severe skin rash or an allergic reaction to medicines that contain dolutegravir or rilpivirine.
- have or have had liver problems, including hepatitis B or C infection.
- have ever had a mental health problem.
are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if JULUCA will harm your unborn baby.
- Pregnancy Registry. There is a pregnancy registry for women who take antiretroviral medications, including JULUCA, during pregnancy. The purpose of this registry is to collect information about the health of you and your baby. Talk to your healthcare provider about how you can take part in this registry.
are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. Do not breastfeed if you take JULUCA.
- You should not breastfeed if you have HIV-1 because of the risk of passing HIV-1 to your baby.
- It is not known if JULUCA can pass to your baby in your breast milk.
How should I take JULUCA?
- Take JULUCA 1 time a day exactly as your healthcare provider tells you.
- Always take JULUCA with a meal. A protein drink alone does not replace a meal.
Get more information about taking JULUCA.
Thank you for signing up.has been subscribed to the
e-mail program for JULUCA.
Keep an eye on your e-mail. Soon
you’ll receive more helpful information